Stitch Works Software is happy to announce the immediate availability of a set of 16 basic Tunisian stitches. Created in co-operation with Kim Guzman, and underwritten by Wheat Carr this set has been made freely available for all users of the Crochet Charts software.
Kim Guzman's Master List of Basic Tunisian Crochet Symbols
- ch close3tog ch - Chain 1 close 3 stitches together, Ch 1
- close3tog - Close 3 Stitches Together
- normal closing - "return pass"
- st3tog v1 - 2 stitches worked together
- st3tog v2 - 2 stitches worked together
- st3tog - 3 stitches worked together
- st3togch - 3 stitches worked together as for tss, then ch 1
- tcc - Top of Closing Cluster
- tds2tog - 2 Tunisian double Stitches worked together
- tfs - Tunisian Full Stitch
- thb - Tunisian Horizontal Bar
- tks - Tunisian Knit Stitch
- tksp - Tunisian Knit Stitch Purled
- tps - Tunisian Purl Stitch
- tps2tog - 2 stitches worked together Purled
- trs Tunisian Reverse Stitch
- tss - Tunisian Simple Stitch
All stitches are included in Kim Guzman's recent Leisure Arts publication, Tunisian Crochet Stitch Guide
Interested in learning more about Symbol or Tunisian Crochet? Consider participating in Symbol Crochet Yahoo group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/symbolcrochet and the Tunisian Crochet Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tunisiancrochet
Don't yet have Crochet Charts by Stitch Works Software? To learn more about it and to purchase it, please visit: http://stitchworkssoftware.com/
Already own Crochet Charts by Stitch Works Software?
To install the stitches right click and "Save As..." the Tunisian Basic Stitches (50kb).
Once you've downloaded the stitches use the following instructions to add them to Crochet Charts.
1) Open Crochet Charts, go to the "Tools" menu and select "Stitch Library."
2) Click "Import Set" in the right hand column, and find the Tunisian Basic Stitches set you have just downloaded.
3) Select "Tunisian Basic Stitches" from the drop down at the top of the Library to view the stitches.
4) Click the "Selected" check boxes next to each stitch and click the "Add to List" button in the right hand column.
5) Close the library, and have fun designing!